Market Intelligence Best Practices and Trends to be addressed at Inaugural GIA Conference in Europe
Global Intelligence Alliance (GIA), a global strategic market intelligence and advisory group, launches the inaugural GIA Conference, an event that aims to be the largest gathering of market intelligence* executives and professionals in Europe.
To be held between June 7 and June 9 in Helsinki, Finland, the GIA Conference is targeted at executives responsible for developing and operating corporate Market and Competitive Intelligence programs on a global level.
The conference agenda will focus on addressing pragmatic ‘How?’ questions that market intelligence executives face, which in turn have critical consequences on the strategic decisions their organizations make. The program will cover topics such as how to set up a world-class market intelligence program, market intelligence best practices, market intelligence trends for 2015 and what CEOs expect from market intelligence.
Seasoned market intelligence leaders and experts from top global companies have been lined up to deliver the educational three-day program. These include:
- Pekka Eloholma, CEO, Affecto Oyj
- Diane Koepke, Market Research Manager, Brady Corporation
- Troy Pfeffer, Competitive Intelligence Director, Cintas Corp
- Joost Drieman, Director, Market and Business Intelligence European Markets, Cisco Systems Inc.
- Michel Bernaiche, Strategic Planning Manager, Competitive Intelligence, Dunkin’ Brands
- Tommi Tikka, Director, Business Development, Itella Oyj
- Harri Kerminen, CEO, Kemira Oyj
- Pekka Lundmark, CEO, Konecranes Oyj
- Aki Saarinen, Vice President, Business Development, Metso Corp.
- Minna Takala, Senior Manager, Nokia Corporation
- Robin Kirkby, Director of Strategic Intelligence, Nycomed
- Andrew Beurschgens, Head of Business Market Insights, Orange UK
- Gary Whitehurst, Business Analyst, Procter & Gamble
- Noam Sahbti, Director, Competitive Intelligence Commercial and Strategic Management, Vertex Pharmaceuticals
Tennilä, General Manager, Scenarios & Business Intelligence, Wärtsilä Oyj
“The GIA Conference will deliver a world class educational program. It is designed to draw from the hands-on experience of both market intelligence practitioners at global companies and GIA consultants who help clients to address market intelligence issues on a daily basis. We are very pleased to have lined up such an impressive list of top-notch speakers and panellists for our participants,“ said Markko Vaarnas, Chief Executive Officer, of Global Intelligence Alliance.
“With today’s intensely competitive environment, the market intelligence function must be world-class. You could look anywhere around the world and there is simply no other high quality seminar or event that can address all the practical and specific needs of market intelligence specialists in a private setting, without third-party sponsor involvement. We therefore decided to initiate an industry event that would raise the professional bar for all practitioners and enable sharing of best practices. The GIA Conference will be the platform for market intelligence professionals to learn from the very best and to network with their peers,” Continued Mr. Vaarnas.
Conference Quick Facts
1. Venue and dates
June 7-9, 2010
Finlandia Hall, Helsinki, Finland
Pre-conference workshops on June 7: EUR 795 (+ applicable taxes)
Conference on June 8-9: EUR 1,395 (+ applicable taxes)
Workshops + Conference: EUR 1,995 (+ applicable taxes)
Registrations by March 31 receive a 20% Early Bird discount.
For further information and to register, please
* Market Intelligence or MI is the discipline whereby organizations systematically gather, process and analyze information from their operating environment to facilitate decision-making.
For further information, visit the conference site or send email to media(at)globalintelligence.com .
About Global Intelligence Alliance
Global Intelligence Alliance (GIA) is a strategic market intelligence and advisory group. GIA was formed in 1995 when a team of market intelligence specialists, management consultants, industry analysts and technology experts came together to build a powerful suite of customized solutions ranging from outsourced market monitoring services and software, to strategic analysis and advisory.
Today, we are the preferred partner for organizations seeking to understand, compete and grow in international markets. Our industry expertise and coverage of over 100 countries enables our customers to make better informed decisions worldwide.